New Weapons Licences
Here you will find all the forms you need if you are applying for:
- a Weapons Licence; and
- a Visitor's Licence.
You can now apply online for a Weapons Licence (excluding Visitor's Licences), submit all the documents and pay using credit/debit Mastercard or Visa.
Document descriptions for online applications
Applicants wanting to apply, using a paper form, for a new Weapons Licence should:
- download and print the Form 1 and the relevant Form 1 Annexure
- complete the application form and collect all the required supporting documents; and
- attend a police station to lodge and pay for the application.
New Licence application - Form 1
Permit to Acquire requirements overview
To apply for a Permit to Acquire you will need to:
- Have an valid current Weapons Licence or have applied for a Queensland weapons licence
- Be eligible to apply
- Know the category of weapon you are applying for. You can only acquire a weapon of the category(ies) endorsed on your licence or the category(ies) you have applied to be licensed for
- If you are applying for a Category B, C, D, E, H or M weapon, you must have a valid reason for acquiring the weapon
- Depending on the type of weapon and the reason you are acquiring it, you may need to supply supporting documentation
- Be aware of all the steps in the PTA application process, including your obligations once you receive your Permit to Acquire.